about us > where we are
The New York Summer Music Festival is hosted by the Music Department at the State University of New York, College at Oneonta.
SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York, situated in the beautiful foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Founded in 1889, SUNY Oneonta is renowned for its exceptional facilities and campus.
Fine Arts Center
The Fine Arts Building is the hub for student musical activity. Concerts and large ensemble rehearsals are held in Goodrich Theatre, Hamblin Theatre, and the Outdoor Amphitheater. Classes and smaller ensembles meet in the many FAB classrooms and rehearsal rooms. Facilities include:
- Over 40 Steinway and Baldwin grand and studio pianos
- Yamaha Disklavier and Clavinova
- 16-station digital keyboard/theory/MIDI lab
- Individual practice rooms
- Teaching studios
- Rehearsal rooms for large and small ensembles
- Modern classrooms with excellent sound systems
- Music industry library/listening/computer center
Students may use practice facilities in the Fine Arts Building. In addition, all dormitories have rooms and study lounges dedicated for practice space. Students may also practice in their own dorm rooms.