FAQ > room and board
The dining services at Oneonta College offer a wide variety of food at every meal and, with advance notice, are able to accommodate most diets at no additional charge. The dining hall features a grill station (burgers, grilled cheese, etc), International station (revolving menu), Breakfast station (eggs, potatoes, meat, pancakes, french toast, etc), Pizza/Pasta station, Deli for lunch, salad bar (with soup), desserts and ice cream, breads and cereals with toast/bagels/muffins and beverages such as milk (skim, 2%, whole and chocolate), soda, juice, coffee and tea.
The experience of working and living together in residence halls with counselors and fellow students establishes the foundation for a productive and fulfilling summer.
- Males and females reside in separate buildings.
- Students will be assigned to floors, suites, and rooms based on their ages.
- All students will have a roommate of or approximately the same age.
- Each dorm section is supervised by at least three counseling staff members.
- Residence halls may include kitchens, study lounges, laundry facilities, computer labs, and recreational lounges that may include a pool table, ping pong table, foosball table, vending machines, and a TV.
- Each floor is supervised by at least three counseling staff members.
NYSMF is staffed by RNs, in accordance with New York State Health Department regulations. Daily arrangements must be made for students who need to take medication on a regular basis. NYS Health regulations dictate no student may keep any prescription or over-the-counter OTC medications in their rooms. Students with severe injuries and/or emergencies will be sent to A.O. Fox Hospital. NOTE: Completed Health and Permission Forms are required for participation in all NYSMF activities.
Per our host, SUNY Oneonta, you may purchase a guest internet access account for unlimited connectivity anywhere on campus. Accounts may be purchased for a small additional fee during Registration or from the NYSMF Main Office. Accounts are good for a single device only. Additional accounts may be purchased for additional devices.Students are welcome to bring and use their own cellular phones, smart phones, and personal wireless hotspots. They may not be used during rehearsals, performances, or while attending concerts (per standard concert etiquette).