FAQ > workstudy
NYMSF offers two workstudy positions for high school age musicians: Counselor in Training (CIT) and Festival Assistant (FA). The requirements, responsibilities, duties and benefits are listed below.
Counselors in Training (C.I.T.)
Counselors in Training at NYSMF will have opportunities to perform in various ensembles and will have 50% of their tuition waived in return for their services. Applicants for the CIT positions must be entering their senior year of high school and must attend both sessions I and II at NYSMF.
Festival Assistants (FA)
FA’s will have opportunities to perform in various ensembles and will have 25% of the NYSMF tuition waives in exchange for their services. Festival assistants must be 15 years of age or older, and may attend NYSMF for either session I or session II or both sessions I and II.
All members of the NYSMF Workstudy program have the following responsibilities:
- Observe, uphold, and enforce all Festival rules.
- Attend all sessions of the Festival (CIT’s only)
- Arrive before and depart after students, to assist in setup and closedown (CIT’s only)
- Supervise students. Includes living in the dorms alongside students; serving as mentors and role models; and ensuring student safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Protect equipment and facilities from damage, including auditoriums, practice rooms, and dorms.
- Assist Faculty, Conductors, and Administration. Includes office hours; daily check-in and attendance rolls for students; and in general helping out in any way to ensure the smooth operation of the Festival.
- Additional job responsibilities may be assigned based on skills, qualifications, etc.
- Staff members are subject to ongoing performance evaluations and may be dismissed or promoted at any time, based on the performance of their duties.
If you would like to apply for CIT or FA workstudy position at NYSMF, download the staff application form, print and fill it out – and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by FEB 1st, 2014. Incomplete or piecemeal application will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be notified via email within 6-8 weeks.